Help me decide by picking something you want to hear about!
I’ve got tons of options for the weekend and haven’t quite yet decided what to do.
Since I just found out that the southern shore of Lake Erie here in Ohio is host to the Biggest Week in American Birding (May 3-11), I may focus on getting prepped for the week. I’m really excited about this event – we have tons of birds in the area and now I can see some birders like those from the Big Year. I may even dress up as a birder and go to the bars to share my “stories.”
Here’s what I’m thinking about:
- Artomatic in Toledo – last weekend of this event;
- Moonlight and Magnolias play – already have tickets to this for tonight. Should be fun!
- Bus trip to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Cleveland – through the Greater Port Clinton Area Arts Council;
- Blue Goose Bus Tour at the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge – to get the lowdown on the birds.
Save the date for these birding events!
- Thursday, May 2 (all day) – take the Jet Express to Point Pelee National Park to see the migratory birds on this Canadian island.
- Saturday, May 4, 6-10 am – Birding by Canoe
- Sunday, May 5, 2-4 pm – Family Bird Walk at the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge Visitor’s Center (they provide binoculars and guides for a walk around the refuge) Free and open to all.
Public Service Announcement: Since this post is all about birds, this video will tug at your heartstrings and hopefully encourage you to think about all the plastic things we dispose of that end up … well, you’ll see. Watch the video.
Pick an event and I’ll explore it and report back on my adventure.